Specialist, Marketing Integration
Posted Date: Mar-28-2019
Job ID: 13684
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. Join a team who is at the center of building integrated marketing plans that support REI’s core business goals and help people live a life outdoors.
The Marketing Integration Specialist coordinates communication across the co-op, manages meeting schedules and post meeting communications, coordinates the gathering of business info, and supports the creation of presentation decks. They partner with teams in marketing, merchandising, retail, and digital retail to support the development of integrated marketing plans focused on business planning windows. The work spans across multiple phases of marketing plan development from supporting strategy, Go-to-Market (GTM) creation, execution, and recapping.
The Integrated Marketing team is looking for someone who is confident in asserting a well-informed opinion, works well independently, is detail-orientated and strives to improve process while learning more about marketing and marketing strategy. You must be able to think on your feet, pivot on a moment’s notice and be comfortable with change.
- Supports Manager and Program Manager during window strategic development, GTM planning and execution, including information gathering and creation of presentation decks
- Manages key meeting schedules, notetaking, communication updates and share-outs in coordination with project management
- Builds working GTM decks, ensuring all stakeholder inputs are captured in totality and on time. Drives completion of working GTM decks, project plans, etc. with all stakeholders
- Responsible for tracking and sharing program/service integration and support within business planning windows
- Responsible for building and maintaining media mix across all channel inputs
- Leads cross-divisional communication and sync meetings within assigned windows
- Informs window calendars and tracking tools (Monday.com, etc.)
- Supports business planning window recapping and reporting
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing communications or relevant field is required. BA in marketing or relevant fields preferred
- 3+ years’ experience and competency in supporting development of integrated marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a deadline and process-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, establishing priorities and keeping others informed of work plans and progress towards goals
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues and manage scheduling programs
- Actively participates and collaborates with others for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
- Establishes trust and inspires others
- Makes effective organization decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer