Specialist, Marketing Programs
Posted Date: Dec-13-2018
Job ID: 12832
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Love the outdoors? Want to work at a place where what you do actually matters?
The co-op’s goal is to lower the barrier to the outdoors by making an outdoor lifestyle relatable, accessible, and meaningful to all people, not just those who are already living it. Membership is foundational to the co-op achieving this goal. Help support this work by joining the Loyalty Marketing organization where you’ll help drive three key programs to the co-op: Membership, REI Mastercard, and Gift Cards. If you’re a collaborative, driven and can see the big picture while still immersing yourself in the day-to-day, and delivering amazing results, we’d love to talk to you.
- Execute marketing programs projects by collaborating with peers and leaders to ensure project outcomes align with priorities and direction of the Loyalty Marketing department and company
- Understand, analyze, and act on key performance indicators to continually grow the marketing programs and improve the experience
- Ensure stores are fully equipped with membership, REI Mastercard, and gift card materials and participate in all relevant projects. Forecast needs, maintain operational excellence, and proactively provide exceptional customer service to the field
- Serve as a SME for store employees, regional leadership and internal teams
- Orchestrates and assists in executing program plans throughout cross-divisional planning, execution, and recap phases
- Manage VOC comments related to marketing programs and proactively solve or escalate known issues, while keeping the Loyalty Marketing team apprised of trends
- Act as a liaison to our Sales & Customer Service team, informing them of upcoming plans, projects, and promotions
- Accurately maintain process documents and communication calendars and proactively create new process documents when needed
- Partner with cross-divisional peers and next-level management to drive the production, merchandising and marketing of the marketing programs. Consistently deliver high-quality execution to enhance the customer experience while driving growth in the programs
- Plan future projects by identifying a clear approach, focusing on key business objectives while communicating project objectives and expected outcomes
- Collect data and conduct financial analysis of program performance; prepare and present findings and key takeaways in a format easily understood by broad audiences
- Maintain strong knowledge of our member base, retail, marketing, and marketplace trends
- Identify and recommend process improvements for managing operations and marketing most efficiently
- Provide key inputs to budgets of $1 mil+, including monthly working plan updates, expense forecasting, and year-end performance management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, program, or project management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of marketing success criteria and measurement.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., lookups, pivot tables, data modeling)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills and attention to detail
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgement in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Experience with working with multiple teams and stakeholders, executing project plans (including contingency plans), and delivering results on time and on budget
- Understanding of marketing and cross-team processes and relationship needs
- Budget tracking experience preferred
- Experience with loyalty programs, gift cards and/or co-branded credit cards (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing or related field (Preferred)
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer