Specialist, Performance Marketing
Posted Date: Oct-30-2018
Job ID: 12444
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Performance Marketing Specialist contributes to REI’s success by supporting the Paid Search, PLA, Retargeting, Affiliates, Paid Social, and Product Feeds online marketing programs which deliver on REI’s brand promise with guidance from the Marketing Manager and in partnership with the Marketing Program Managers. This encompasses program management support from campaign planning and execution including, tactical planning, resource management, creative development, and performance analysis for specific marketing programs. These programs drive multi-channel traffic, conversion and sales throughout the year, customer acquisition and retention, and maintain the connection between REI and its members and customers. Responsibilities include coordination between external and internal business partners and the authoring of program and project plans. The Performance Marketing Specialist works cross-divisionally to develop and implement these programs within REI’s sales channels (retail and digital) and throughout multiple advertising vehicles.
The Performance Marketing Specialist role will provide critical tactical support for the Performance Marketing teams. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting
- Manage events calendar to ensure all programs are aligned and prepared to support campaigns and promotions
- Attend and support critical campaign alignment meetings
- Work with Social and Creative teams on paid social ad unit creation and execution
- Manage and process all invoices and finance upkeep
- Manage ad copy, keyword builds, SQR negative maintenance, etc.
- Vendor interaction and management
- Provide ad hoc support to the program managers as needed
- Responsible for tactical execution and campaign audits
- Effectively prioritize efforts to focus on delivering on the most important things
- Tracks and reports on campaign results, data analysis, and participates in weekly vendor calls
- Consistently looks for ways to improve current processes or introduce new approaches that will contribute to REI’s success
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of experience in Search Marketing, PLAs, Retargeting, and/or Affiliate Management
- Experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ads, and bid management platforms such as Kenshoo (preferred), DartSearch, or Marin.
- Working experience with Excel functions such as pivot tables and V-LookUps
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field preferred
- Must demonstrate high emotional intelligence and understand how to build consensus
- Experience and demonstrated success working within a retail business model
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing and applying insights to daily work
- Ability to effectively coordinate and execute marketing programs
- Experience and demonstrated ability blending analytical and creative thinking
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate self-started qualities and to research program issues and formulate tangible solutions
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, drive hard to completion, and deliver effective results
- Successfully fulfill REI’s strategy by creating clear deliverables and recommendations
- Mastered understanding of reported metrics and what they mean
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- Must exemplify REI's values and possess a passion for the outdoors
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!You'll get to work with vendors who represent some of the top brands in the outdoor industry!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer