REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
This job contributes to REI’s success by working collaboratively with the administrative team to support the department’s goals and initiatives, as well as working closely with the directors and managers in supporting assigned sub-departments with accurate, timely and proactive administrative services. This position contributes to a fast-paced, smoothly run organization by utilizing effective communication, teamwork, organizational skills, accuracy, creativity, innovation, and productivity.
This position will provide a level of focused support and knowledge to specific sub-departments as assigned. Responsibilities in this area require working independently, maintaining confidentiality, and using good judgment while providing operational, administrative, project, and office technology support with a minimum of direction. This position will perform other duties as assigned by the management team and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other Administrative team members and their related sub-departments as needed. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
· Provides administrative, project, and office technology support to divisional vice presidents, directors and managers within assigned sub-departments
· Manages calendaring functions for vice presidents, directors and managers
· Expert user in workplace productivity tools focusing on Microsoft Office products
· Plans and executes team travel, team events and meetings for sub-departments
· Prepares presentations and assists in building agendas and meeting materials
· Coordinates and supports activities such as office moves, IT support, budget reconciliation, new hire onboarding
· Ability to effectively interact and represent REI with internal and external company contacts
· Reconciles and tracks financial reports and spending
· Identifies savings opportunities and participates in budget management when appropriate
· Pursues process improvements to reduce resource time
· Troubleshoots PC/software issues and acts as liaison to the IT Department
· Provides overflow and backup support to other Administrative team members
· Executes special projects as assigned by management
· 2/3+ years administrative experience
· Expert experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research.
· Experience with project site design and maintenance (e.g. SharePoint) preferred.
· Experience with HTML, Visio, and Access a plus.
· Is able to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues.
· Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times.
· Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
· Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
· Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
· Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
· Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
· Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
· Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
· Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
· Builds rapport with people inside and outside the organization.
· Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
· Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
§753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state, as expressed in this act, to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing, if any, the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person, or produced on his behalf, in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property, and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to the applicant, which certificate shall create a presumption of rehabilitation in regard to the offense or offenses specified therein.