Sr Assortment Analyst
Posted Date: Jun- 7-2019
Job ID: 14545
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by establishing assortment group definitions that optimize the relationship between sales, productivity and space within retail locations. Creates, develops and implements assortment size plans for new stores, relocations and expansions. Incorporates analytics, Customer Insights and Retail feedback when executing new store assortment plans and seasonal audits of existing store locations. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Accountable for building new processes and tools to support the future execution of complex assortment groups/store clusters based on relevant attributes (store location, activity, climate, precipitation, customer profile, demographics, skill level, value tier, etc.).
- Creates assortment size plans for new stores, relocations and expansions; applies analysis of customer, product and location trends; incorporates input from, and gains alignment with key business partners
- Defines and communicates productivity measures to be used in standardized reporting; applies measures of productivity to inform assortment plans across all retail locations
- Develops insights based on productivity, category trends, regional affinity, demographics, customer insights, etc. to influence the allocation of space within new and existing retail locations
- Provides expertise in the definition of parameters used to evaluate and prioritize recommended assortment size shifts from seasonal Category Management audit.
- Measures and evaluates the efficacy of location-based assortment initiatives; quantifies and communicates results to stakeholders; delivers insights and recommendations to structure future initiatives
- Initiates and maintains effective partnerships with cross-divisional stakeholders including Merchandising product & planning teams, SDVM, Analytics, Retail and Strategy.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising or relevant field of study
- 3 to 5 years progressively responsible Merchandising experience to include analysis, planning and understanding of customer/product trends
- Elevated proficiency in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with advanced Excel functions including Pivot Tables, Index/Match, VLookup, conditional formatting, macros, charting, formula audit, nested formulas and VBA. Working knowledge of SQL to query and manipulate data preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to balance quantitative data and qualitative business input to make sound and effective decisions
- Recognition of patterns, trends and relationships between customer needs, products and locations
- Ability to distill actionable information from large data sets, summarize, translate and use information to influence strategy and direction
- Ability to shift communication style, recognize and deliver relevant content across a wide range of audience
- Capable of navigating ambiguity and change; inspires others to be open to, and adopt new ways of thinking/working
- General learning orientation with focus on building trust with business partners; driven by understanding the viewpoints of, and impacts to stakeholders.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer