Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Posted Date: Nov- 8-2018
Job ID: 12530
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This role presents an opportunity to join the newly formed REI Rentals program. We are looking to expand the rentals offering in our stores and on REI.com with improved technology and capabilities. This will help more REI members and customers enjoy a life in the outdoors. Serves as a liaison between the business and Information Technology to ensure business needs and requirements are understood, valued, prioritized and communicated for large, cross-divisional projects (generally greater than 600 hours estimated effort; approved by the Information Services Steering Committee; touches multiple divisions). This position serves as a leadership team member on medium and large projects to ensure they are implemented on time, on budget, and to specifications. Contributes to and follows the REI Business Analyst Community of Practice and IT Program Management Office methods and practices
- Requirements Management: Manages the business requirements process for large, cross-divisional technology projects by facilitating, eliciting, gathering, documenting, validating, prioritizing and establishing baseline business requirements. Ensures testability / traceability of requirements. Expresses business requirements using multiple techniques. Documents requirements in accordance with REI methodology. Manages changes to the requirements baseline. Provides deployment support. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Participates in peer reviews of requirements deliverables
- Systems knowledge: Advanced knowledge of business functionality, interfaces, data flow, and functional architecture of systems supported. Is advanced in use of solutions supported, and has an in-depth understanding of how technologies supported work. Able to troubleshoot system problems from a functionality perspective, especially when supporting end-user testing and training
- Work Coordination: Represents the business system owner and their divisional community for large, cross-divisional projects. Coordinates controls and communicates decisions related to the business solution. Defines business requirements and successfully completes organizational changes. Participates in large, cross-divisional project planning with the Program Manager. Understands, formulates, prioritizes and validates business requirements for use by the large, cross-divisional project. Confirms that results meet stated business requirements. Keeps stakeholders up to date on work status and project progress
- Process: Documents and analyzes existing or ‘as-is’ business processes. Designs new or ‘to-be’ business processes. Maps “as is” and “to be” business processes, understands gaps, and develops transition plans. Advances the Business analyst practice in terms of methodology, processes and procedures. Educates other business stakeholders on the project management / product development processes and their roles.
- Planning: Contributes to corporate and divisional strategic planning process by helping identify business initiatives. Identifies cross-divisional dependencies and impacts. Helps develop and maintain business initiative roadmaps. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Helps define the total portfolio of programs and projects which support strategic plan
- Other Duties as Assigned: May perform other ‘ancillary’ duties as assigned including but not limited to work such as coordination of end-user testing, troubleshooting, business consultation, training and organizational change management
Bring your passion and expertise
- Previous experience in a multi-channel retail environment
- 3-4 years of related work experience
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst in support of implementation projects of a similar scope in a multi-disciplinary, cross-divisional role
- Demonstrated knowledge of both business and systems processes Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize business needs
- Demonstrated ability to collect, express and manage requirements (use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and business value analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view Ability to conceptualize and recommend solutions to business problems
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexibility in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Use of business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations. Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer