Sr. Product Manager - Experiences
Posted Date: Apr-12-2019
Job ID: 14025
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI success by leading the definition, development and deployment of cross-channel digital retail solutions that engage our customers and deliver value back to REI. The senior product manager will contribute to driving our product roadmap by acting as a vision keeper while embedded with a cross-functional team of technology and design partners in order to deliver industry-leading cross-channel digital experiences to our customers. This role will monitor trends and emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to connect people to our co-op and create a seamless experience. The senior product manager contributes to the ongoing definition of cross-channel technology strategy, leads high-impact development initiatives, and acts as a representative in cross-divisional forums. You will act as a product evangelist to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization. This role models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Creates the product vision and evangelizes for it throughout the organization.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communication with stakeholders.
- Assesses the value of opportunities and conducts product discovery.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customer and how they will use a new capability, feature, or cross-channel service.
- Creates and maintains the product backlog for projects and ongoing programs that supports annual business plans and business goals.
- Prioritizes and sequences product backlog according to business value and ROI.
- Drives the elaboration of epics and features into user stories.
- Fills the Product Owner role on a Scrum team.
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning meetings and Sprint Reviews as well as Retrospectives within assigned Agile Scrum team.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every sprint and has the complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Inspects and adapts product backlog each sprint and adjusts course based on customer needs and ROI.
- Terminates a sprint if it is determined that a drastic change in direction is required.
- Forecasts and tracks team resource needs and budget.
- Supports, champions, and actively contributes to Retail Solutions strategy and roadmap.
- Advocates, supports and contributes to ongoing improvement of Agile/Scrum practice.
- Works with cross-divisional leadership to identify and drive critical program gaps.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative cross-functional meetings to support and inform strategy and product roadmap.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years or equivalent experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
- 5+ years or equivalent experience leading product development and digital strategy.
- Demonstrated competency with new and emerging cross-channel and web-based technologies, applications and trends.
- Agile/Scrum team experience.
- Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Experience developing products for a mobile customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions progress and influences others to evolve.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer