Sr. Program Manager - Digital Merchandising
Posted Date: Apr-12-2019
Job ID: 14026
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The REI Experiences Digital team is on the forefront of the co-op’s revolution into a tours and travel service provider leader. This job contributes to REI’s success by driving the execution of growth initiatives related to the rapidly growing Experiences business. The Program Manager will work with the Business, Digital and Marketing management team to define and implement unique customer experiences that work to progress an aggressive growth strategy for the Co-op. This role will utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform go-to-market, site management and digital content delivery for multi-day and day tour growth initiatives and develop the next generation of site management sophistication based on key learnings.
The Experiences business at REI is highly entrepreneurial, and the Program Manager will be expected to contribute structured, strategic thinking in an ambiguous, start-up like environment. This position is cross-functional in nature and will interface regularly with internal stakeholders in addition to external partners. The right candidate will possess a passion for customer experience, online strategy, digital operations, analytics and the customer.
The Program Manager will manage multiple initiatives and ensure that dependencies among projects are appropriately managed and execution delivery is on track. This role will monitor user trends, emerging business strategies and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to improve the customer experience and connect people to REI. This position leads high-impact initiatives and acts as a representative in cross-divisional forums. This role models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Oversees the management of a portfolio of programs and projects that support the Experiences business at REI.
- Develops requirements for programs and projects while continuously evaluating the needs of customers and vendor partners. Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements. Research trends, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors that affect the program.
- Continuously evaluates the efficacy of the site production tactics to optimize our resource utilization in support of business growth.
- Initiates, plans, and delivers medium to large cross-divisional initiatives. Utilizes established project management methodology and partners with Project Manager(s) in leading/influencing project implementation.
- Ensures program quality and success through management of action items, issues, and decisions, assessing risks, initiating change requests, identifying resource needs, meeting deadlines for deliverables, and financial planning. Appropriately escalate barriers to managers and department leaders.
- Contributes to Experiences digital strategy and roadmap.
- Works with cross-divisional leadership to identify and close critical program gaps.
- Collaborates with the manager to ensure that each program is on strategy, on time and within budget.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements.
- Leads and develops programs and projects that transform process, policy, and systems.
- Manages the progress of programs and projects and regularly communicates the project status to management and stakeholders.
- Facilitates and leads to collaborative cross-functional meetings.
- Manages and develops assigned budgets for programs and/or projects.
- Responds to customer and field requests as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in program management, process-led solution design and implementation of change initiatives.
- Familiarity with agile development techniques, in particular, the SCRUM methodology
- Certification in project or program management (ex, PMP).
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Experience with the management of multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of project management principles
- Demonstrated experience and measurable results in continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business administration, marketing or related field.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all areas of REI and influence others in a collaborative work environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer