Sr VOC Analyst
Posted Date: Jan-21-2020
Job ID: 16934
Job Type: Full Time
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Sr. Voice of Customer (VOC) Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing customer research analysis to decrease decision risk, increase overall profitability, and inform the evolution of best-in-class experiences across customer touchpoints. The position supports and represents the voice of the customer across the Co-op to advocate a customer-focused approach to business. The Sr. Analyst will build surveys, implement changes within the survey platform, track survey results, complete in-depth analysis, identify root cause of customer issues/pain points, and deliver concise, impactful summary of findings. Models and acts in accordance with the Co-op Way (values & mission)
- Design and execute effective surveys across VOC platforms.
- Analyze, report, and track information to identify data patterns and customer pain points.
- Uses multiple sources of data including structured and unstructured customer research, benchmarks, demographics and internal operational data.
- Expertise in analyzing unstructured data for rule-based categorization and sentiment analysis.
- Process and distill VOC posts across Co-op listening channels to drive actionable, data-driven recommendations that address consumer needs and Co-op strategic priorities via training opportunities, process improvements, technology enhancements, etc.
- Interpret VOC data, satisfaction (SAT) score drivers, conduct statistical analyses, and develop holistic insights using available VOC data, business metrics, and knowledge of CX across touchpoints.
- Conduct advanced statistical analyses and basic modeling to support data interpretation and insight development.
- Strong SQL skills to support VOC data integrity at data warehouse level and ability to conduct complex multi-channel analyses within Data Warehouse.
- Engage in dialogue with stakeholders to understand the scope and impact of any potential causes or changes to the customer experience, aiding interpretation of VOC insights.
- Technical expertise in digital data analytics and testing tools, specifically Adobe (Analytics, Test & Target) to enable the integration of VOC toolset into ABN testing.
- Participate in the processes for Customer Survey Change Control and CX Dashboard Access Control.
- Contribute to the development of an enterprise VOC solution, including technical implementation of new VOC platforms/systems/tools, vendor onboarding and management, integration and ongoing data integrity maintenance of the VOC ecosystem. Requires technical/code-level understa.nding of tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Adobe, Tealium, Lexalytics, Maritz) and data warehouses.
- Support manager with internal partner consultation, project coordination and execution, annual research and budget planning.
- Provides collaborative ad-hoc decision support and represents the voice and needs of customers among internal partners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of VOC, customer experience (CX), analytics, data, marketing or other relevant experience.
- Extensive experience using SQL with customer data warehouses for query-writing and analysis
- High empathy to see the world through the customers eyes. Acts as an advocate for customer in the interest of building a customer-centric culture.
- Experience managing all phases of quantitative research design, survey programming, data collection, analysis, and delivery of results. Proven experience in research management.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to explain and defend data analysis at all levels within the organization, including senior leadership.
- Proven ability to adapt communication style to audience (both written & verbal).
- Experience completing in-depth analysis of structured & unstructured customer research data, identifying root cause of customer issues/pain points, and making recommendations on training opportunities, process improvements, and/or technology enhancements.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with a minimum of supervision. Ability to proactively manage expectations and work effectively in a collaborative, cross-divisional environment.
- Proven experience using survey platforms (such as Qualtrics, business intelligence programs (such as Tableau), and statistical software (such as SPSS) to analyze data. Intermediate to advanced knowledge/use of business-related PC applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and proactively keeping others informed of work plans and progress.
- Industry knowledge and Voice of the Customer (VOC) training and/or certification.
- Four-year college graduate required; Degree in marketing, marketing research, business math, statistics, or applied social research preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer