Stocking/Operations Specialist - Fremont
Posted Date: Jun-27-2020
Job ID: 17728
Job Function: Retail Operations
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Operations Specialist is responsible for keeping merchandise stocked, organized, and available on the sales floor. This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring merchandise is accurately priced and available to customers on the sales floor and back stock is organized in the warehouse. May perform duties such as cleaning and maintaining the REI facility. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Helps unload and distribute merchandise from replenishment shipments.
- Prices, organizes, hangs, or distributes merchandise according to stated REI stocking policies and procedures.
- Organizes the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment
- Organizes and maintains store warehouse, supplies and fixtures according to management direction.
- Follows Asset Protection guidelines as directed by store management including EAS tagging, proper trash/recycling removal, and price auditing.
- Assists with sale preparation and helps process damaged or returned merchandise as requested.
- Provides maintenance services to all areas of the store.
- Help maintain the building and property.
- Ensure all store systems and features are functional and maintained in accordance to REI processes.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer