Store Design Planner II
Posted Date: Aug-12-2019
Job ID: 14584
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Visual Merchandising
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by creating REI brand consumer centric retail experiences. Primary responsibilities of this role will be to develop interior planning and test fit studies for new store projects, create an optimized and enhanced customer journey, taking into account sight lines, flow, department sizing and experience adjacencies. Responsibilities include working collaboratively to ensure a successful outcome to a variety of projects. This job is expected to keep up to date with trends and explore new opportunities. The Store Design Planner II is responsible for balancing multiple projects simultaneously and may travel to various locations to verify and/or execute projects. This job applies to multiple functions under the Store Design and Visual Merchandising (SDVM) teams. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- This work will be done in close collaboration with Architectural, VM and Fixture Team members. Secondary responsibilities will be to provide support for Sr. APM’s/EDM’s for a variety or new and existing store initiatives, including exterior and interior design studies, FF&E research/selection and fixture development.
- Assure objectives of the project are successfully completed through effective collaboration with internal, cross-, and external partners.
- Partners with SDVM leadership in the overall development of strategies, planning, and implementation to meet both overall business and marking objectives.
- Attends cross-divisional meeting with internal and external stakeholder to ensure objectives have been clearly delivered and are being acted upon. Informs SDVM leadership of any changes to original plan.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the content associated with the project.
- Responds to and/or coordinates inquiries on an agreed upon specified time frame.
- Travel to various locations; some trips may require multiple destinations
- Completes other projects as assigned by manager.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in a retail store planning position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior/Experience Design or a related field
- Strong 2D and 3D planning skills with experience in retail or hospitality design
- Project management skills including measurement, reporting and financial analysis
- Ability to travel nationally approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to create and maintain process systems, documentations and support tools
- Basic Computer Skills: Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop and Outlook
- Strong Proficiency in AutoCad (for planning)
- Intermediate to expert skills in Sketch-up, Revit and Adobe Suite
- Self-stater, collaborative, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simutaniously
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer