Posted Date: Aug-14-2019
Job ID: 15362
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Strategy team plays a critical role in developing REI’s short and long-term enterprise strategies and works cross-functionally with all divisions and our senior leadership team on a wide-range of high priority initiatives. The Strategy Manager contributes to REI’s success by supporting the development of REI’s enterprise strategic plan, challenging our thinking, and ensuring our strategic initiatives are grounded in solid analytics and frameworks. This role will be broad in scope and impact across the organization.
The Strategy Manager will also be responsible for leading complex analyses, monitoring key competitive threats and opportunities, evaluating our performance versus the industry and broader retail trends, and providing analytical support for the business cases backing our enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Works cross-divisionally with all divisions to share key analyses and insights that drive strategy and support strategic initiative development.
- Supporting key business initiatives and ensuring our strategic initiatives are grounded in solid analytical frameworks and insights.
- Supports enterprise strategy development and planning and elevates strategic thinking across the organization in conjunction with senior leadership to define and achieve REI’s 3-5 year vision.
- Identifies and evaluates business development opportunities including M&A, partnerships, and new initiatives.
- Leading complex analyses of current and future strategic initiatives/ driving analytical support for the business cases backing our enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Supports and creates reports and presentations for senior leaders and the Board of Directors regarding key strategic initiatives as well as competitive, retail, and industry trends.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses to provide senior leadership and key cross-divisional partners with insights about the market, industry, vendors, key competitors, and customers to be used as key inputs in strategy development across the enterprise.
- Manages existing industry and competitive intelligence data providers and evaluates new tools and data sources.
- Monitoring key competitive threats and opportunities.
- Advise and engage senior leaders on quarterly and adhoc basis regarding key competitive and industry developments.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Strategic, big picture, quick thinker and intellectually curious problem solver
- High energy and positive mindset with a "can do" attitude
- Passion for understanding customers, identifying opportunities to serve them, and keeping them front of mind for the co-op
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to build trust with others and collaborate with and influence internal/external partners.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and present in digestible, easy to understand format.
- Challenges the status quo, champions and manages change, and inspires others to change.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall co-op’s best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to solve problems and pursue business opportunities.
- Drives sound decision-making by leveraging insights from multiple resources, incorporating multiple perspectives, and understanding implications.
- 5+ years demonstrated analytical skills across modeling and financial/competitive/industry analysis and ability to generate actionable insights and tell a story with data.
- Resourceful in gathering and synthesizing new information from a variety of sources
- 7+ years work experience within the consumer, tech, finance, or management consulting fields
- BS or BA in a related field (business, economics, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Background or interest in consumer/retail/outdoor/active lifestyle sector.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer