Summer Intern, Supply Chain
Posted Date: Sep-16-2019
Job ID: 15451
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Supply Chain / Logistics
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a Supply Chain Intern to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in day-to-day functions of the Supply Chain department. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to solve real-time business challenges. Under the supervision of your Manager, and as a key member of the Supply Chain department, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Examples of our Supply Chain Intern projects may include:
- Event management re-fresh
- Examine current system and product flow for REI events and identify opportunities to improve cost, service and capacity for growth
- Flow of inventory through REI network
- Analyze how different areas of inventory purchasing and flow impact REI’s supply chain, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Customer delivery benchmarking study
- Research current delivery models for on-line retailers in Same day, Next day and 2-day service levels, and REI opportunity relative to industry
- Vendor Portal and Inbound product visibility
- Process map information exchange with REI vendors, capabilities and technology assessment, leading to improvement of inventory flow
Work for these projects could take place in Kent (Headquarters) or Sumner (Distribution Center), WA. Projects may also include in-store visits in the areas of Shipping and Receiving.
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- REI retail stores and market competition
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Process flow mapping
- Analysis of opportunity from cost, service and capacity perspectives
- Recommendation for changes, if applicable
- Quantify impact of opportunities
Qualifications and expectations:
- Currently majoring in SCM, MSCM or Operations Management
- Coursework completed in some or all of the following areas: Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Business Statistics, Accounting & Finance, Microsoft Excel & Access
- Candidates should have a strong aptitude in analytics and problem solving. Proficiency in Excel or other data processing tool preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer