Supervisor, IT Service Desk
Posted Date: Feb- 4-2020
Job ID: 16840
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As REI’s Supervisor of the IT Service Desk, you’ll contribute to the Co-op’s success by managing a team of Service Desk Technicians as they deliver IT services remotely to our corporate and store employees.
You’ll establish work priorities, provide direction to staff and drive optimizations by evaluating proposed improvements. You’ll also oversee offshore/off-hour vendors to ensure continuous business operations support 24x7. The IT Service Desk is the face of IT and this highly visible role will bring standardization, scalability, and drive continuous improvement.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration, or equivalent training and experience.
- 2+ year(s) as a team leader or specialist.
- 3+ year(s) experience in the information technology profession.
- Experience developing team-level plans and contributing to annual budgets.
- Ability to supervise and direct technical work teams.
- Knowledge of methodologies, standards, procedures and organization that contribute to the development and deployment of technology solutions.
- Skills in resource management, project prioritization, problem-solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply those principles.
- Experience with structured project life cycle, systems development management tools and service management methodologies such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer