Posted Date: Sep-14-2018
Job ID: 12011
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Kent Headquarters
The Vendor Operations team is part of the supply chain that focuses on operational consistency and reliability, ensuring the efficient flow of goods and data between REI and our vendors. Our Vendor Operations Analyst works with a large set of REI vendors to ensure vendors successfully transact business with REI. The Analyst works to get prospective merchandise vendors ready to do business with REI, shepherding them through the onboarding experience which includes accurate and timely creation of the vendor master data within SAP and establishing B2B (EDI) connectivity. The Vendor Operations Analyst also implements new policies and processes with their vendors, monitors and addresses vendor performance to ensure that the supply chain is operating in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. The Analyst will assist in Vendor Operations projects, acting as a project lead and/or Subject Matter Expert (as needed). The Vendor Operations Analyst works directly with multiple internal teams, vendors, partners and management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of vendor account management experience including onboarding, communication, and education with suppliers; creating and maintaining vendor portals; creating and maintaining vendor educational programs (preferred).
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to effectively deliver presentations and perform training.
• Strong organizational skills to manage large volumes of email and email follow up to meet service level agreements.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – spotting issues and areas of opportunity and taking the initiative to solve.
• Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
• Detail-oriented and accurate with a focus on quality.
• 1-2+ years of SAP experience, preferably with vendor master and PO management (preferred).
• 1-2+ years of experience with B2B capabilities and/or technologies, such as EDI, XML, and Idocs (preferred).
• Intermediate skills in data analytics and project management.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer