Supply Planning Analyst - 9 Month Contract
Posted Date: Jan- 2-2019
Job ID: 12888
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Planning, this position contributes to REI’s success by optimizing Private Brands’ supply plan accuracy through order management, reporting, and analysis.
The Supply Planning Analyst contributes to REI supply plan accuracy and flexibility by managing forecasting and operational data prior to the purchasing cycle and managing purchase orders and related production issues. The Supply Planning Analyst provides data analysis, reporting, and metric tracking capabilities. Prioritizing work and establishing consistent processes for cross-divisional and external partners is critical to the success of this role. A positive, customer-focused mindset is a must.
- Drive the implementation of company and division programs, procedures, methods and best practices to promote REI key messages
- Create and develop process improvement initiatives, lead training and development across teams and divisions
- Utilize a collaborative approach with Product and Planning teams to obtain and ensure current, accurate information
- Summarize and present seasonal analysis to cross-functional teams and external partners
- Contributes to the strategic direction and priorities of the Supply Operations team
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically and challenge upward strategically
- Ensure accuracy for all product and vendor data
- Ensure on-time forecast completion; review and analyze forecast information, highlighting discrepancies and trends
- Resolve purchase order and production minimums issues
- Manage purchase order changes
- Monitor and communicates delivery issues to internal teams and provide resolution options
- Track, manage and resolve material/component liabilities to reduce overall impact to business
- Utilize multiple data sources, or create new data sources, to provide insights into performance and the impacts to REI’s on hand inventory and product planning
- Monitor and analyze operational statistics, reports, trends, variances and issues
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to assist in business decisions
Bring your passion and expertise
- Comparable industry experience.
- 4+ year’s related experience.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Understanding of the product development sampling and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of soft/hard goods construction.
- Experience with product inventory analysis, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and direct sales.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising trend analysis: industry, product, regional, seasonal, fashion, technical.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
- Strong analysis skills: ability to recognize trends and execute adjustments with internal and external partners, capitalizing on both strategic and tactical opportunities.
- Negotiation experience/aptitude.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel formula and VBA coding, and aptitude for mastering proprietary systems. I.E. Enovia, SAP.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer