Merchandising Sample Coordinator
Posted Date: Jul-30-2021
Job ID: 19976
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting Merchandising buying teams through the management of seasonal samples. This individual will interact with vendors, merchants and cross-divisional partners to ensure the procurement and delivery of samples required for internal presentations which support the seasonal strategy process. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Manage vendor sample intake and organization.
- Develop sample tracking process or system to organize, maintain and operationalize the checking in and storage process in sample rooms.
- Receive and check-in all samples for merchants as they arrive at REI.
- Proactively support product playground set-up (mock store assortment builds) & internal product presentations (leadership presentations, assortment assessments) by pulling corresponding merchandise.
- Assist CMM’s, ACM’s & Buyers in preparation of product presentations to leadership including transportation of samples to campus location of product set-ups.
- Track seasonal sample needs to coordinate rotation of seasons in sample room space.
- Organize samples during seasonal sample purges and assist in disposition.
- Pull and pack accurate merchandise for photo shoots and cross divisional requests.
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- 1-2 years’ experience, preferably with a Specialty retailer
- Sample Room/ Merchandising experience in the retail industry preferred
- PC Proficiency (including Excel, Word).
- Ability to be productive and flexible in a fast paced environment
- Excellent strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate up, down and across the organization.
- Ability to navigating ambiguous, evolving role definition, serving multiple work groups and personalities.
- Highly adaptability and desire to service a broad Merch group
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer