Temporary Part-Time Security Receptionist
Posted Date: May- 9-2019
Job ID: 14296
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Provide efficient and effective operation of the reception desk with a strong focus on customer service, while being an active security focal point, cognizant of your surroundings. Perform miscellaneous phone coordination, security assistance, and clerical tasks for the Corporate Services department.
- Answering and routing incoming calls appropriately during business hours.
- Greet visitors in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Maintain visitor ID badging process through security software systems.
- Account for all visitor badges and temporary access badges; contact REI personnel for missing access badges on a daily basis.
- Serve as security hub during daytime hours. Log security issues and report activities to the Corporate Security Supervisor.
- Perform security camera surveillance and maintain surveillance log.
- Complete assigned clerical tasks in support of the Corporate Services department.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Preferred experience with a multiple-line switchboard or console phone system.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional environment with confidential information.
- Outstanding customer service skills in dealing with the public and REI staff, using tact and discretion at all times.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and cross-divisionally for the achievement of business goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Consistent attendance is critical to this role
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer