Training & Development Program Manager, Sales & Customer Support
Posted Date: Apr- 8-2021
Job ID: 19722
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading a team that drives the Training and Development strategy for Sales and Customer Support (SCS) and directly influence the skills and capabilities of hundreds of people each year! You will spearhead the creation of innovative and sound instructional learning programs to drive performance, change behavior and empower people to provide exceptional service to our members and customers. In order to drive consistency and leverage learning best practices you will partner with others in the Co-op to ensure that the SCS learning curriculum supports strategic goals and initiatives and optimizes expertise, resources, and content from other divisions in the organizations. You will do this by collaborating with colleagues, business leaders and subject matter experts, immersing yourself in the needs of the business, bringing creativity and hard work to every project and focusing on continues improvement and learning. As a working member of the team, you will impact people by creating intuitive, stimulating, and creative learning programs that help employees build new skills to improve their performance and ultimately positive customer experience and business outcomes. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Team Management and Development
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to team.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve division, co-op and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the division.
- Oversees training and development of employees.
- Partners with Training and Development and Operations leadership to make effective staffing decisions.
Program Development & Management
- Partners with key business stakeholders to create a Sales and Customer Support learning strategy which aligns with both SCS and Co-op priorities.
- Collaborates with HQ Performance Management team to ensure solutions are in alignment and integrated with other Co-op talent and business initiatives.
- Plans and manages project and program resources, such as allocated budget and project team members.
- As a working member of the team, works with Subject Matter Experts to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge, drawing from tested instructional design theories, best practices, and methods.
- Recommends the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to deliver solutions.
- Designs and implements evaluation processes to assess effectiveness of programs. Define, analyze, and report out on program success metrics.
- Decides on the criteria used to validate learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Provides oversight and direction to team members involved in execution.
- Builds solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends and best practices in instructional design and adult learning methods.
- As needed, facilitates sessions to deliver resources to the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years Program Management experience.
- 2+ years people management/supervisory experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in retail, contact center, service industry or branded organization.
- 4-year degree in business, instructional design, training or related field and / or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in several Talent Management functions, such as performance management, succession planning, or leadership development.
- Project management skills including ability to create action plans and timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience in consultation with business stakeholders; demonstrated ability to communicate (influence, present data) at executive level.
- Proficiency with learning technology including LMS, virtual facilitation platforms, eLearning software, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows.
- Versatile and effective facilitation skills and ability to adapt to classroom, virtual classroom, large or small groups, etc.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, consulting skills and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works effectively and efficiently by setting SMART work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer