UX Designer, Navigation
Posted Date: Jul-20-2021
Job ID: 20762
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Digital Platforms team is looking for a UX Designer to unify and optimize navigation and wayfinding across all of REI’s digital properties.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with peers and cross-functional partners to integrate the products and services the co-op offers into a single intuitive, accessible navigation system that can be used across digital touchpoints including desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and several third-party services. You will create solutions using tools such as journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and specifications to communicate design decisions, test them with customers to ensure they meet user needs and expectations, and work with technical teams to enable fast, efficient execution of design direction.
You’ll be responsible to ensure platform excellence throughout the project development and implementation process, including:
- Leveraging and contributing to REI's brand and design systems
- Identifying and prioritizing UX-driven improvements to continuously elevate the platform experience in context of business and user goals
- Presenting your work and communicating design decisions in clear and compelling ways at various stages of the design process
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to inform the creation of inclusive solutions for complex problems
Bring your passion and expertise
What Makes You Qualified
- 4+ years’ experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, service designer or similar
- A strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, flow charts, functional specifications
- Comfortable leading usability testing
- A proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in eCommerce, information architecture, designing for accessibility, or using quantitative measure of customers experience like A/B testing and site analytics to inform your decision making
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer