User Experience Designer
Posted Date: Apr- 5-2019
Job ID: 14019
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
REI is a different kind of company and we always have been. Eighty years ago, we were founded by 23 friends connected through the shared belief that a life outdoors is a life well lived. Today, we have 6 million active members and are the largest consumer co-op in the United States.
The Gear & Apparel team is responsible for rei.com, the Co-op’s biggest and fastest-growing store. Our designers work on consumer-facing initiatives of all shapes and sizes. On a typical day, you may be designing small-but-mighty features like color pickers and gift registry or working with partners across the Co-op to deliver new offerings like Buy Online, Pick Up in Store, which fundamentally change the way REI delivers services and products.
As a UX Designer on the Gear & Apparel team, you will use your skills to uncover business and user needs and design elegant solutions to solve them. You’ll be an advocate for customers and help the Co-op translate business objectives into products and services that enable life-changing experiences. You’ll collaborate with other designers, writers, researchers, developers, and product managers to inspire customers and awaken a lifelong love of the outdoors.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years in user experience or closely-related fields
- E-commerce experience
- 1+ years in user research, including conducting usability studies
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as wireframes, user flows, design specifications, digital design systems and prototypes
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and brand communications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in related discipline: information architecture, interaction or interface design, human-computer interaction or related fields
- Previous digital design experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in an agile shop
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer