Posted Date: Aug-19-2021
Job ID: 21262
Job Function: Call Center
State: North Carolina
Store: SCS Virtual NC Geo A
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our REI members. Now imagine doing this from the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of a no-hassle commute.
This job contributes to REI’s success by sharing your love of the outdoors to provide guidance, knowledge, and authentic experiences for REI customers, creating members for life. In this role, you will connect with our members and customers meeting them where they are in their outdoor journey, creating and maintaining relationships using empathy and critical thinking to understand their needs and resolve service situations. You will work collaboratively with your peers and other employees at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills. This job will require multi-tasking, navigating multiple systems and screens while working to resolve issues, make product recommendations and place orders for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
To perform the duties associated with this position there are a few technical requirements we ask of you. These include hardware, software, and internet connection (network) requirements. We will provide essential equipment and support; your role is to ensure you are familiar with these requirements and have them in place before you apply.
What we will provide:
* A wired USB headset
* A 25 foot Ethernet network cable
* Must have a cell phone or tablet to install the Duo Mobile Application for multi-factor authentication
* Must have a modem or combo modem/router
* A computer or laptop purchased within the last five years with at least 8GB of memory (No Google Chromebooks,I-Pads or Tablets)
* Open USB port for headphones (REI will provide headphones)
* Operating system: Mac 10.11 or newer or Windows 8.1 or 10
* Running virus software that is staying current on definitions
* Running a current up to date browser
* Must have a router that supports 10/100Mbps ethernet
* Must have high speed broadband internet connection with a minimum of 15Mbps download and 2Mbps upload speed from a top tier provider, Xfinity, CenturyLink, Spectrum, etc. (Google "speed test" to check). No satellite based service providers please.
* Your computer must be directly connected to the internet via a secured, wired access point. You cannot use wireless/WiFi or public connections
The ideal candidate will:
Additional skills we are looking for in our team members:
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
§753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state, as expressed in this act, to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing, if any, the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person, or produced on his behalf, in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property, and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to the applicant, which certificate shall create a presumption of rehabilitation in regard to the offense or offenses specified therein.