Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our REI members. Now imagine doing this from the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of a no-hassle commute.
This job contributes to REI’s success by sharing your love of the outdoors to provide guidance, knowledge, and authentic experience to REI members and customers contacting REI via various methods of communication (includes, but not limited to - phone, email, and chat). This job is responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships using empathy and critical thinking to understand and resolve service situations. Employees in this position will work collaboratively with their peers and other employees at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills. This job will also require multi-tasking, working with customers while using a computer to assist in research and resolution. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Currently, our greatest scheduling need is for a Thursday through Monday work week for full-time. Our contact center team requires our part-time teammates to have a recurring availability of at least 3-4 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Scheduled hours and days will vary based on business volumes. This position requires working throughout upcoming sales during peak sales times. We have required dates of work between August 26 – September 10, 2022 and November 5 – December 31, 2022. Additionally, our team requires all teammates to attend a Tech Set up session, and sales and service training. Please see below for mandatory training dates; candidates will be assigned to one class and must attend all training sessions in their assigned class.
Class LD1 AM Training Dates:
Monday August 1: Tech set up session Time TBD
Tuesday August 2 - 5, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm PST Virtual Training
Monday August 8- 12, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm PST Virtual Training
Class LD2 PM Training Dates:
Monday August 1: Tech set up session Time TBD
Tuesday August 2 - 5, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST Virtual Training
Monday August 8- 12, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST Virtual Training
To perform the duties associated with this position there are a few technical requirements we ask of you. These include hardware and internet connection (network) requirements. We will provide the majority of equipment and support; your role is to ensure you are familiar with these requirements and have them in place before you apply.
What we will provide:
* Must have a cell phone or tablet to install the Duo Mobile Application for multi-factor authentication
* Must have a modem or combo modem/router which your provided computer must be wired directly to via ethernet cable at all times when working
* Must have a router that supports 10/100Mbps ethernet
* Must have high speed broadband internet connection with a minimum of 15Mbps download and 2Mbps upload speed from a top tier provider, Xfinity, CenturyLink, Spectrum, etc. (Google "speed test" to check). No satellite-based service providers please.
* Your computer must be directly connected to the internet via a secured, wired access point. You cannot use wireless/WiFi or public connections
* Successfully complete a virtual interview and assessment to be considered for this role
* If selected, must currently reside, and consistently work from a permanent residence, in Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Maine Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, or Washington state.
* Creates a customer experience that is inclusive, supportive, and exemplary for REI members and customers
* Demonstrates a passion for problem solving applying service skills to enhance the customer / member relationship.
* Handles inbound customer contacts via multiple channels including but not limited to phone, email, and chat
* Interacts with customers using sound judgement, tact, and discretion that reflects positively on REI
* Demonstrates empathy when resolving difficult customer situations utilizing de-escalation skills
* Uses critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills to provide positive resolution
* Builds customer confidence and establishes relationships to ensure retention and maintain customer loyalty
* Be the eyes and ears of our customers, reporting issues and feedback to support continuous improvement
* Navigates various technology software to research and accurately resolve service situations, obtain information, and/or support REI’s members and customers
* Works with teammates to collaborate on service and resolution techniques, escalates as appropriate
* Maintains product knowledge and policy/procedural information to best assist members and customers
* Responsible for determining suitable resolution to customer related issues and the appropriate use of limited discounts and discretionary funds; balancing customer and business needs
Additional skills we are looking for in our team members:
* 2+ years of previous retail and/or customer service; or equivalent experience.
* Strong familiarity with computer software and programs - which includes, but not limited to chat and email software/ programs.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task using a computer, and ability to navigate through multiple screens.
* Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance.
* Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends and peak sales periods.
* Ability to communicate effectively and accurately verbally and in writing.
* Able to accurately type 30+ words per minute on a QWERTY keyboard.
* Able to respond to customers over the phone, chat & email, responding to contacts throughout their shift, up to 10 hours a day.
* Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear, customer service resolution, and applies knowledge in a manner that best serves REI members and customers.
* Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
* Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
* Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
* Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
* Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
* Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, every changing, digital business environment.
Note to current REI Employees: For this specific job requisition, the position may not be held in conjunction with any other position at REI. If you are currently an REI employee, you may apply for this position. However, if you are selected, you will be required to resign from your current position with REI to accept an offer of employment to fill the Contact Center Service Specialist - Virtual position.
§753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state, as expressed in this act, to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing, if any, the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person, or produced on his behalf, in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property, and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to the applicant, which certificate shall create a presumption of rehabilitation in regard to the offense or offenses specified therein.