Visual Merchandising Project Manager, Fixture Team
Posted Date: Sep-17-2018
Job ID: 10286
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Visual Merchandising
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by managing, developing, and executing divisional projects that promote company identity, enhances the REI brand, and improves the operations for our store teams. Responsibilities include working cross-collaboratively to ensure a successful outcome to a variety of projects, to take the lead (start to completion) on assigned projects and exercise discretion in making impactful decisions. The Project Manager I is responsible for balancing multiple projects simultaneously and may travel to various locations to verify and/or execute projects. This job applies to multiple functions under the Store Design and Visual Merchandising (SDVM) teams. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Lead, develop, and/or partner with others, on assigned projects.
- Assure objectives of the project are successfully completed through effective collaboration with internal, cross-, and external partners.
- Accountable assigned project budgets; which includes allocation, tracking, and meeting deadlines
- Ensures quality and accuracy in all communications and tools that are shared with partners; may directly drive communication for specified partners
- May lead a variety of special projects when necessary.
- Create, manage and maintain databases of information related to the creation of projects & programs
- Responds to inquiries on an agreed upon specified time frame.
- Travel to various locations; some trips may require multiple destinations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of corporate retail design/store planning experience
- Expert skills in a variety of areas: to include (but not limited to) a segment of the following: Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCad, fixture design and development, fixture manufacturing and production.
- Experience with Flash, XML, HTML, CSS, Snaplink, preferred
- Experience converting print files to interactive media, preferred
- Experience with dynamic automated workflows, variable printing, and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to assess resource needs.
- Management of file structure and naming standards in a Mac-based network environment
- Excellent attention to detail, follow through, and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel nationally approximately 10% of the time.
Why you'll love it here
Joining Visual Merchandising team at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to Visual Merchandising to life in our stores.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer