Posted Date: Aug-14-2019
Job ID: 15206
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As a Visualization Analyst at REI, you will have the opportunity to build critical insights tools and influence the long-term evolution of our analytics capability. You should have excellent technical skills and a desire to drive customer-centric design into actionable dashboards.
This role sits on an enterprise services organization and you will partner closely with analysts and key subject matter experts across the Co-op. You will take a creative, principled approach to design and build analytics tools that drive decisions and grow data literacy. This role leverages Tableau mastery to bring customer behaviors and trends to life. The ideal candidate elevates the entire Customer Insights team by sharing knowledge, creating dashboard templates and codifying best practices.
- Designs and builds interactive dashboards and reporting to transform how REI understands and accesses insights
- Develops world class visualizations to bring clarity to evolving customer behaviors and trends
- Crafts stories through data that guide stakeholders to actionable insights
- Translates ad hoc questions and ambiguity into clear business requirements
- Extracts data from various sources and builds performant datasets
- Contributes to world class design and visual standards
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years experience in data visualization and analytics, preferably with a multi-channel retailer
- Excellent understanding of concepts, functionality, and advanced application of Tableau
- Previous work experience accessing and exploring large transactional datasets
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, business, or math
- Customer focused designer with an eye for simple, intuitive UX
- Experienced in data visualization with a passion for building and refining dashboards
- Dedication to quality and accuracy worthy of executive and board level audiences
- Ability to collaborate across the Customer Insights team and the Co-op. Desire to share expertise and teach others
- Ability to independently set project goals, establish priorities, and planning appropriately to meet and exceed expectations
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer