Warehouse Associate - Bicycle Technician - Goodyear
Posted Date: Aug-14-2018
Job ID: 11826
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center AZ
What's cool about this job
Our Warehouse Associates are a vital part of the REI Team and are the most common entry point into our Distribution Center Team. As the Warehouse Associate you will play a critical role at the Co-op by helping our product reach our customers doors! This position supports all areas of the Distribution Center including, but not limited to, the following areas: merchandise handling (picking and putting away), receiving, price marking, splitting, shipping, packaging specialized customer orders, handling cardboard and waste for team efficiency and the preparation and assembly of bicycles.
Bring your passion and expertise
We are looking for bright and motivated people to join our Distribution Center staff and help contribute to REI’s success as the nation’s largest consumer co-op. You will help move product accurately and expertly throughout the warehouse. You may have the opportunity, after training and certification, to operate power equipment such as pallet riders. Associates will work in multiple areas as assigned and support areas based on business volume and team performance.
Here are the skills we look for in our Warehouse Associates:
- Prior warehouse or relevant experience
- Familiarity working with computer systems and/or RF equipment
- Prior experience using power equipment to safely process freight throughout the facility (current and valid drivers license suffices)
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to work safely, minding personal and team safety in daily operations
- Basic math skills
- Can work in multiple areas as trained on a daily or weekly basis
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, creative thinking, and make good judgment in problem solving
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and producing quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- Able to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
- Can comprehend and apply SOP’s
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer