Warehouse Associate - Day Receiving (Mon-Fri 5:30AM-2PM), DOE Wage Starting at $16.75 to $21.50 Season End Date 10/1/21 - Sumner
Posted Date: Jul-27-2021
Job ID: 20661
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center WA
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Curious why REI has been on the Forbes Top 100 Places to Work for 23 years running? Or why we were recently named #1 Best Employer for Women? Come join us and find out!
** Training Provided, No Experience Required **
REI believes in the value of respect, integrity and a job well done. Whether on a customer call or in the warehouse, your resourcefulness and contributions enable the co-op to find new and uncommon ways forward. In addition, we offer significant product discounts for you and your family.
Our Seasonal Warehouse Associates are a vital part of the REI Team and are the most common entry point into our Distribution Center Team. As a Seasonal Warehouse Associate you will play a critical role at the Co-op by helping our product reach our customers doors during one of our busiest times of the year! This position supports all areas of the Distribution Center including, but not limited to, the following areas: merchandise handling (picking and putting away), receiving, price marking, splitting, shipping, packaging specialized customer orders, and handling cardboard and waste for team efficiency.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Prior warehouse or relevant experience (preferred)
- Familiarity working with computer systems and/or RF equipment (preferred)
- Prior experience (preferred) using power equipment to safely process freight throughout the facility (current and valid drivers license required)
- Can comprehend and apply training and standard operations procedures
- Ability to work safely, minding personal and team safety in daily operations
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- Able to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which may include extra hours and weekends.
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer