Warehouse Specialist - Production Control Specialist - (Starting $14.10) - Bedford
Posted Date: Nov- 6-2019
Job ID: 16203
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center PA
What's cool about this job
The Warehouse Specialist is a more experienced position within the Distribution Center that supports the daily operation by accurately and effectively managing the product flow by verifying our inventory, working with vendors on any problem receipts, managing the UPS receipt process, appropriately slotting product, and handling more complicated situations, such as returns from our retail locations. Specialists are responsible for safely operating power equipment, including pallet riders and order pickers, throughout the facility and assuring the right product is in the right location at the right time. Specialists are required to have a broader working and operation knowledge of the facility and flow of product. Specialist may make decisions that have impact to the operations and are required to communicate and update as appropriate. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and missions.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Safely handles product in an efficient and trained manner; being mindful of personal and team safety in operations
- Proactively and accurately communicates updates when processing product
- Prioritize daily workloads to perform tasks at prescribed rates while working as a team in assigned department
- Processes and handles product in multiple departments as assigned, specific, but not limited to:
- Accurately receive and or/track product using an RF (radio frequency) gun and/ or computer
- Prepares product to be processed through the price marking department
- Prepares retail and direct to consumer (D2C) product for shipment, by picking, sorting, and/or packing product accurately and timely
- Works in multiple areas processing freight; requiring different task actions, lifting requirements, and technology tools
- Handles periodic significant change in freight processing due to external factors impacting status quo operations
- Identifies and reports problems/ solutions to maintain service level within the DC, service includes following up with internal customers
- Effectively and safely operate various types of power equipment to move freight and complete assigned tasks
- Uses WMS (Warehouse Management System) to correct issues and ensure quality standards are met
- Facilitate proper processing of freight returned to our vendors for credit
- Researches and appropriately slot SKU (products) within the entire warehouse
- Packages oversize and specialized customer orders
- Investigates various warehouse locations through identification of purchase order (PO) variances
- Communicates with external DC customers (merchandising, vendors, vendor compliance) to report, resolve, and share information
- Spends 80% of more of work time on material handling equipment in support of operational teams
- Conducts self with reliable and predictable attendance
- Builds rapport with other departments to ensure freight flow service levels and quality levels are maintained
- Contributes to a positive work environment in a manner that is consistent with REI expectations; with the bottom line expectation of providing outstanding service to our members and customers.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer