Now Hiring for REI's Distribution Center located in Bedford, PA
At the REI co-op, our not-so-secret goal has always been to help people get outside. We started out in 1938 as a community of climbers in search of quality outdoor gear. Seventy-eight years and 140+ stores later, our passion lies in inspiring, educating and outfitting our more than 6 million active members and customers. So we invite you to join us, a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. If this sounds like you, load up your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors and bring it to REI. We can't wait to hear from you!
Our Warehouse Associates are a vital part of the REI Team and are the most common entry point into our Distribution Center Team. As the Warehouse Associate, you will play a critical role at the Co-op by helping our product reach our customer's doors! This position supports all areas of the Distribution Center including, but not limited to, the following areas: merchandise handling (picking and putting away), receiving, price marking, splitting, shipping, packaging specialized customer orders, handling cardboard and waste for team efficiency and the preparation and assembly of bicycles.
- Prior warehouse or relevant experience
- Familiarity working with computer systems and/or RF equipment
- Prior experience using power equipment to safely process freight throughout the facility (current and valid drivers license suffices)
- Ability to work safely, minding personal and team safety in daily operations
- Can work in multiple areas as trained on a daily or weekly basis
- The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- Able to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
(Please see additional responsibilities by clicking on desired shift preference above)
- Health care coverage for full-time employees
- Incentive program
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional Growth opportunities and more
- We offer generous discounts! 50% off regular priced REI branded gear and apparel. 30% off vendor merchandise. 10% off sale items. All that, plus FREE GEAR RENTAL!
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
REI has been on the Fortune Magazine's Top 100
Best Companies to work for 21 years in a row!