Where to find us
We are hiring for our 2020 New Stores!
Billings, MT - Gainesville, FL - Columbia, SC - Appleton, WI - Wichita, KS - Pigeon Forge, TN
It's an exciting time to be a part of the Co-op as we open 6 new stores in Spring 2020!
At REI, we aspire to be the heart of outdoor life and culture in our communities and we are looking for Retail Department Sales Managers to lead our team of inspired guides! Join a group of optimistic outsiders who take on the impossible together. We will be accepting applications starting on 12/05/19. If you’d like to send us your resume & experience information ahead of time, please set up a job alert profile on rei.jobs and sign up for email job opportunity notifications for your desired locations.
What’s cool about this job:
As the Retail Sales Manager, you are a key member of the retail store management team. The Sales Manager is a critical leader in REI stores coaching, developing, and motivating sales teams to directly impact REI’s organizational goals. This role reports to the Store Manager and manages a team of retail staff to deliver on business goals of sales, memberships, and service. The Sales Manager spends most of their time as an active, visible leader, motivating, directing, and coaching hourly staff.
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful retail management experience
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders
- Proficiency in interpreting and using retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators
- Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in Visual Merchandising
- Competitive bonus/incentive programs
- Generous discounts on gear and clothing & free gear rental
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Professional growth opportunities and more
HIRING START DATES FOR LOCAL RETAIL MANAGEMENT:
- Billings, MT & Gainesville, FL - 1/26/20
- Columbia, SC - 2/2/20
- Wichita, KS - 2/9/20
- Pigeon Forge, TN & Appleton, WI - 2/16/20
- Apply for the role online – All roles will be posted on 12/05/2019
- Complete a digital interview
- Hiring managers will be reviewing video submissions and will make their decision on candidates for the final step, which is a phone interview.
PLEASE NOTE: Hourly Store Roles for each location will post in early January 2020.
We’re glad you’ve decided to take this next step in your career, here at the Co-op. Best of luck!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REI has been on the Fortune Magazine's Top 100
Best Companies to work for 22 years in a row!