Posted Date: Aug-11-2017
Job ID: 8466
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
Do you seek a creative environment filled with talented people who care about the work they’re doing? Are you looking to work with a mission-based company and for your ideas to affect the world? Are you interested in helping people have richer experiences in the outdoors?
The REI Co-op is this kind of place, and we’re hiring. If you’re a highly creative, motivated copywriter with a great portfolio, we may have the job for you.
Our marketing department is looking for someone who thinks creatively and is passionate about the craft of writing. Someone who can crack big ideas and tell stories in a fresh way – and one who can continue our tradition of inspiring outdoor experiences.
The responsibilities include copywriting for all channels – everything from social posts, to posters & direct mail to creative scripts for short films to full brand campaigns.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism or English
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience
- Effective and creative body of work or portfolio
- Proven track record of delivering compelling concepts within fast-paced team environment
- Experience working with an art director and/or designer as a team
- Demonstrated ability of creating effective campaigns through multiple channels: print, digital, video, social media, for both brand-awareness as well as direct marketing (activation) needs
- Ad agency copywriting experience is a plus, along with retail marketing or e-commerce
Please include a link to your online portfolio on your resume.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, passion for writing, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer