Customer Service Specialist - Bloomington
Posted Date: Aug-16-2016
Job ID: 5028
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Retail Sales
What's cool about this job
The level of customer service an REI member and customer receives leaves a lasting impression and directly impacts REI’s success as a co-op. The role of Customer Service Specialist contributes to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions at registers, selling memberships and other REI services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI! In addition to being a customer service sage, typical work for this position includes:
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including the REI Visa Card program
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Collect payment for goods, make change and distribute receipts
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up (RSPU) by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School sign-ups and special ticket sales.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Processes damaged goods according to store policy. This may involve tagging, moving and/or re-pricing the item
- Informs customers of repair options and completes repair processing.
- Follows document retention and disposal guidelines
- Maintains and stocks work area
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some skills that we look for in our Customer Service Specialists:
- Previous cashiering experience
- Previous customer service experience (preferred)
- 10-key skills (preferred)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer