Posted Date: Apr-13-2017
Job ID: 7091
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
The Designer contributes to the co-op’s success by creating compelling design across all customer contacts that deliver on brand, strategic and business goals. Works with Art Directors, Copywriters and other creative team members to bring creative concepts to life in an engaging and beautiful way across all expressions.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Manages deadlines and project details through regular and ongoing communication with Production Manager
- Collaborates with project management to keep project on track and on schedule and assists with timeline development
- Prepares and presents layout to the Design leadership for approval.
- Ensures quality and accuracy by proofing own work, producing proof copies for review by others, and revising materials according to feedback on proofs.
- Helps maintain consistency in Marketing collateral by adhering to style and format guidelines.
- Communicates with appropriate department personnel to confirm and complete tasks
- Meets deadlines for assigned projects.
- Ability to present, effectively communicate, and sell creative and design ideas to art directors and senior leadership.
- 3-4 years experience as a designer in an agency or internal creative department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Cultural fluency in terms of trend awareness, design drivers and overall social themes.
- Awareness and understanding of outdoor culture.
- Amazing design chops and demonstrated sense of taste and style.
- Advanced skills in current Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Sketch/Framer preferred.
- Digital design experience, and ability to prepare files for digital production.
- Ability to express motion graphic ideas.
- Experience with Flash, XML, HTML, CSS
- Experience converting print files to interactive media
- Experience working in a Mac based network environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in creating communications through all avenues of print execution, from multi-page formats to packaging
- Proven ability to troubleshoot each project to identify and find innovative solutions to remedy potential production issues.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and employ technical skills and knowledge to check for accuracy and consistency in layout and text formatting.
- Ability to organize, multitask and prepare accurate files.
Why you'll love it here
Do you seek a dynamic and creative environment filled with driven, talented people who actually care about the work they’re doing? Wouldn’t it be great to work at a mission-based company that isn’t trying to take over the world, but rather make it a better place for everybody? And what if your work, ideas and effort could actually affect outcomes and make it to the real world?
The REI Co-op is this kind of place, and we’re hiring. So if you’re a talented designer, then we may have the job for you. We're seeking a talented, deep-thinking, motivated creative to help change the world. We believe that by getting people outdoors they can be their best selves, and that the goodness gained from being outdoors will radiate out to other parts of their lives. If this sound like a good way to use your super powers, please get in touch.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer