Posted Date: Jun- 6-2017
Job ID: 7684
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
As the IT Project Manager in Technology and Business Services, you’ll help deliver the modernization projects for our aging infrastructure and enhancing capabilities for supporting our business strategy. In your role, you will drive the services, schedule, prioritization, risk mitigation and communication for these efforts. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams within the Co-op to develop and mature service level management for IT infrastructure services including release and knowledge management. You will support key initiatives within the Infrastructure portfolio – some examples may include helping lead hardware implementation across multiple sites, supporting the technology configuration and installation for a New Store site or leading a hardware or operating system life cycle change. Ultimately, you will work on highly visible projects that have a large impact on our employees, our retail locations and our members.
· Initiates, plans, controls and closes medium to large projects utilizing REI’s project management methodology.
· Identifies and provides recommendations for project management process improvements.
· Plans the project in detail, develops project budget, organizes the project team and works with resource managers to acquire and schedule resources.
· Manages the progress of the project and communicates the project status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
· Ensures that overall project deliverables are completed, including project charter, project plan, project schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, risks and issues lists.
· Identifies, evaluates and manages cross-project interdependencies.
· Ensures project quality and success through management of project action items, including managing risks and issues, the decision process, initiating change requests, meeting schedule milestones, resource management, and financial planning and control.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer