Manager, Fixture Programs
Posted Date: Jan- 6-2017
Job ID: 5799
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Visual Merchandising
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by driving the retail
fixture strategy to promote company identity and enhance the REI Brand
experience. The Manager, Fixture Programs will lead a team of Project
Managers and guide overall direction for fixture development in collaboration
with the Store Design and Visual Merchandising team and cross divisional
partners. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and
practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence
in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures,
methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and
indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to
employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes
- Develop and drive the corporate
fixture strategy to support inspirational experiences in our retail spaces.
- Manage the formation of annual
plans for fixture development to support resource planning and timely delivery
for new stores, remodels, and capital & expense projects.
- Primary liaison for fixturing
within Store Design and Visual Merchandising. Provides communication
between teams and anticipates future needs.
- Develop process and procedure for
the Fixture Team including but not limited to inventory management, the Annual
Buy Program and the downstream/recycle of existing fixtures.
- Develop, plan and lead fixture
testing process to include business planning, goal setting, execution and
project reporting at conclusion.
- Creates and acts as champion for
corporate capital projects tied to the overall fixture strategy.
- Incorporates vendor fixture
strategy into overall fixture program and roadmap.
- Accountable for forecasting,
tracking and reconciling the Fixture Budget.
- Develop and foster relationships with outside fixture
fabricators (local, national and international) to execute REI’s in store
- Travel to support store design execution and other
department priorities as needed.
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies within the
fixture team and department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of fixture and store design experience.
- Previous experience in specialty hard and soft line
retailing that includes fixture design, fabrication and installation and store
- Previous project management experience
- Visual presentation or merchandising experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer aided drafting
- Ability to travel to various locations; some trips may have
multiple destinations requiring a high amount of auto, air or rail
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective
employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and
culture where people can do their best.
Why you'll love it here
Joining Visual Merchandising team at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to Visual Merchandising to life tin our stores.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer