Posted Date: Feb- 1-2017
Job ID: 6287
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
This position contributes to REI’s success by developing, analyzing and reporting on key company metrics including active membership metrics including new members, retention and reactivation rates; sales curve analysis; and marketing program sales attribution. The role influences budgets by educating the enterprise on the tactical value of the marketing communication plan; leverage unique transactional BI to own the co-op view of the customer. The role will research and analyze business opportunities and risks and use information to optimize plans. This job is accountable for planning, developing and communicating direct demand plans for digital and retail channels. The planner will include inputs from marketing programs, corporate initiatives, external factors and work cross divisionally with key stakeholders to provide ad-hoc analysis as needed, make recommendations and influence business decisions. Acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements (the plans the job is responsible for creating and executing, and how the job ensures they are implemented)
* Leads orchestration, reporting and communication of marketing performance to divisional leaders in bi-weekly and quarterly meetings.
* Develops demand key performance indicators reporting and planning processes
* Develops & communicates event reporting and analysis to marketing cross-divisional partners
* Compiles information to support the development of the marketing sales curve
* Develops and communicates total market sales plans; a combination of retail and direct sales plans
* Develops and maintains a market level scorecard to provide ongoing guidance for marketing planning at the individual market level
* Builds membership goal plans, gift card plans to support marketing initiatives
* Partners with the Digital team to understand business performance of key eCommerce areas
* Planning deliverables will inform: key marketing events, customer communication calendars, holiday plans, merchandise planning, retail operations and financial planning.
* Ad-hoc financial modeling to inform business decisions as requested
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer