Manager e-Commerce Programs
Posted Date: Feb-17-2017
Job ID: 6631
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Manager e-Commerce Programs contributes to REI’s success by leading the team of Digital Merchandisers in planning and executing the effective digital merchandising of key programs, including personalization, REI Brands, UGC, online only exclusives and Membership, to deliver on Digital Retail goals. Ensures digital merchandising plans and efforts are integrated into the broader Digital Retail business plan on a seasonal basis leveraging customer insights, key performance metrics and aligned with enterprise initiatives. This role establishes the processes in which the Digital Retail Program Merchandising Team plans, communicates and executes the customer experience across digital properties. Team leadership, people management, coaching and development are an integral part of the role.
- Manages the Voice of the Customer program to develop and implement the approved customer experience plan, including performance monitoring, cross merchandising support, test & optimization based on analytics and trends in customer feedback.
- Coordinates directly with Information Technology to design, test and implement Elevated Merchandising programs while managing an annual budget.
- Establishes and is accountable to develop processes and best practices to create, maintain and communicate Digital Retail Merchandising elevated merchandising programs.
- Manages the effort to establish best practices in analyzing and reporting of customer feedback metrics. Sets guidelines throughout the organization in delivering these best practices in a consistent and actionable manner.
- Partner with the Manager, Digital Planning to lead monthly business performance reviews, evaluating performance to plan, strategy execution, and developing future strategy direction.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure an optimal online customer shopping experience across all product categories.
- Supports the implementation of programs, procedures, and methods to enhance online merchandising practices.
- Ensures consistency of online product features and information across all sales channels.
- Partners with key merchandising peers to ensure processes are developed and utilized to address the workflow and communication of expectations and deliverables from both groups. Facilitates necessary changes to support.
- As assigned, represents the team to support company-wide initiatives and key product launches, as related to web-based strategies and efforts.
- Identifies and develops business requirements for site merchandising enhancements. Partners with development teams and senior management to ensure execution and prioritization.
- Maintains close, collaborative relationships with Merchandising, Direct Sales, PI Team, Marketing and Retail Store operations to ensure Voice of the Customer feedback is disseminated and corrective action is taken when needed.
- Facilitates empowerment and growth of direct reports. Owns performance management and progress review. Owns coaching, development and regular feedback to team members.
- Possesses strong leadership skills including the ability to foster teamwork.
Bring your passion and expertise
- BA or BS degree required, MBA degree in marketing or related field preferred
- 5+ years strategic planning experience as part of eCommerce and or Marketing team
- 3+ years direct supervisory experience of eCommerce team
- 3+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology and optimization strategies
- Demonstrated success establishing and implementing marketing and merchandising strategies and tactics on a web site for a multi-channel retailer
- Demonstrated experience in balancing the creative aspects of building effective on-line customer experiences while achieving the quantitative demands of cross-channel sales
- Knowledge of key merchandising, marketing business principles specific to web-based merchandising and the ability to apply these principles to achieve planned goals
- Experience working with content management systems to update website pages
- Excellent cross functional project management skills
- Experience working with technical teams on feature development
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong, collaborative, cross divisional business relationships
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer