Manager of Retail Technology
Posted Date: May-24-2017
Job ID: 7639
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
Imagine the impact you will have as you collaborate with your peers to create exciting new products that enhance the REI experience for our customers, tackle challenging technical issues and create innovative solutions to resolve tough problems as our Manager of Retail Technology!
In this role, you will contribute to REI’s success by managing applications software development teams supporting assigned business lines. You will assist business clients in analyzing technology needs and planning new application systems development projects and you will collaborate with Enterprise Architects to ensure integration of business line systems planning with company-wide strategic systems planning. Responsibilities include providing direction to project teams, establishing work priorities, and evaluating proposed solutions to ensure that technology contributes to achievement of business objectives.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent training and experience.
- 7+ years supervisory experience in the information technology field and the ability to direct technical work teams.
- 10 + years experience in information technology, including leading teams in systems analysis or software engineering.
- Agile Experience is required.
- 5+ years leadership experience in software development.
- 5+ years experience planning, organizing and directing systems development projects.
- Experience developing long-term technology strategies.
- Experience managing multiple project teams.
- Experience developing team-level plans and contributing to annual budgets.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors and service providers in the information technology business.
- Knowledge of methodologies, standards, procedures and organization that contribute to the development and deployment of technology solutions.
- Skills in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to critical issues.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer