Here at the Co-op we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We’re looking for a supervisor to lead our films team in the REI Media Studio and help us make lots of awesome stuff that inspires people to get outside.
If you’re a thoughtful and experienced producer, writer/director, showrunner, or all-around storyteller who’s been there, done that, and scored the T-shirt from video projects both big and small, we’d love to chat with you. We’re looking for a creative mind who works collaboratively and effectively in a high-performance environment. We’re seeking a talent able to be the creative and logistic conduit between in-house clients and our internal films team. You also need to know how to make it all happen: The conceptual short, edutainment piece and long-form story are all in your creative and production wheelhouse.
Knowing and loving the outdoors is obviously a big plus, but you can earn that shirt here too.
Leading the Way
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures that employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Schedules and conducts 1-on-1 meetings with each indivual member on team.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Creative Collaboration and Execution
• Provide vision, direction, suggestions and solutions that will expertly communicate an engaging narrative across all platforms (TV commercials, YouTube, Social Media, etc.).
• Collaborate with Creative Directors and Art Directors to determine visual structure (i.e., composition, movement, space, color, tone and rhythm) in order to accurately communicate REI’s brand message in an inspiring and creative way.
• Provide knowledge and technical ability to seamlessly craft a video production plan including:
o Conducting research and preparation
o Generates outlines, scripts, shotlists and storyboards.
• Serve as 1st AD on set to ensure all content is being capture efficiently.
o Lead/run a crew on set or location
• Oversee all technical aspects of post production to maintain the visual structure of every project.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the films production team and equipment.
• Responsible for output quality and production.
• Supervises, provides training and gives performance reviews for films production personnel.
• Creates development path and training standards for team.
• Responsible for maintaining a freelance talent pool of video production professionals, in conjunction with Media Producer.
• Identifies films production equipment and software standards and also recommends future updates for equipment and technology.
• Works with the Sr. Manager Creative & Content, Managing Producer and Creative Directors, as needed, to develop video content strategy and messaging.
• Works with the Sr. Manager Creative & Content, Managing Producer and Program Managers, as needed, on cross-divisional projects and process. (MKTG Creative, Social Media Team, IT, MKTG Project Management, Digital Retail, etc.)