Night Stocking Specialist - Berkeley
Posted Date: Feb-13-2017
Job ID: 6656
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
What's cool about this job
The Stocking Specialist is responsible for making sure our customers have the best retail experience possible. We want our customers to be best outfitted for their next adventure and it’s up to the Stocking Specialist to ensure that merchandise is properly priced and available to customers shopping on the sales floor. In addition to providing a great shopping experience for the customer, the Stocking Specialist will be responsible for organizing back-stock and making sure the merchandise is properly organized in the store warehouse. Here are some daily activities you can expect as a Stocking Specialist:
- Helps unload and distribute merchandise from replenishment shipments or VTSS drop shipments
- Prices, organizes, hangs or distributes merchandise according to stated REI stocking procedures and visual guidelines.
- Organizes and maintains store warehouse, supplies and fixtures according to management direction
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines as directed by store management including EAS tagging, proper trash/recycling removal, and price auditing.
- Follows proper lifting techniques
- Assists with sale prep or damage and dent sale set up as requested.
Bring your passion and expertise
You’re organized. You have an eye for detail. You are passionate about the REI customer experience. These are a few things we’re looking for with our Stocking Specialists. Ultimately, we look for employees who can provide excellent service to our customers, demonstrate support and respect for their team members and have a passion for the outdoors. Here are some skills we look for in our Stocking Specialists:
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally, with assistance
- Basic computing skills which include the ability to navigate simple ticket printing applications or look up product information.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, retail or shipping/receiving environment preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated. Multi tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills: clear, concise and positive.
- Remains flexible in working various requested shifts
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer