Product Manager - Apparel
Posted Date: Mar-20-2017
Job ID: 6881
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
The REI Private Brand Apparel Product Manager position represents an exciting opportunity within the dynamic world of Outdoors. Looking for a driven team player who can lean into the opportunity of our Outdoor Sportswear, Fitness & Logo business.
• Facilitative Leader: Leads product development process and timely execution of Private Brand seasonal product lines, from concept to buy ready; ensures transparency and alignment across functions; owns and manages path of escalation and effective resolution; leads weekly team/leadership brand meetings to drive accountability and results.
• Collaborative Team Player: Responsible to build an effective team that collaborates throughout the season to bring the best products to market. Supports Director of Product Strategy with development of multi-season Private brand product roadmaps.
• Tactical Manager: Proactively partners & leads the end-to-end of product creation with thoughtful communication, meeting structure & follow-ups.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Operates with a high degree of autonomy and initiative; leads seasonal product dialogue and insights to develop seasonal product pov aligned to the overall business goals & vision.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Proven track record in Apparel product management – min 3-5 years’ experience
• Able to express & articulate both the ‘Art & Science’ of Apparel
• Strong Capacity to influence, own, elevate & grow
• Highly organized, able to meet on-time deadlines & inspire others to keep on track.
• Deep sense of curiosity and an eye for modern outdoor style
• Confident in group settings
• Merchandising experience preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer