Program Manager, Digital Business
Posted Date: Sep-28-2017
Job ID: 8899
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Digital Business Program Manager enables brand-right ecommerce by identifying broad opportunities to drive the digital business and gain efficiencies across product and program categories.
In this role, you will:
- Identify opportunities across categories on REI.com to drive digital sales and improve the customer experience
- Build business case for projects and see them through to completion, including garnering organizational support, resources, and coordinating execution
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve sales, merchandising and the customer experience
- Work closely with Digital Merchandisers to understand divisional merchandising needs and priorities, and plan strategy accordingly
- Support the business by leveraging e-commerce principles as well as general business expertise to ensure the site is optimized to reflect how customers prefer to shop online
- Partners closely with the development team to define forward-thinking web strategies that deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manners
- Improve the customer experience and support the business by identifying and managing the execution of website projects/maintenance requests
- Identify areas to gain efficiencies and automate processes where applicable. Conduct ad hoc analysis as needed
- Build business cases for feature and functionality requests from partners within Digital Merchandising teams
- Model and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5 + years of Online Marketing or Merchandising experience with an eCommerce/multi-channel retailer.
- 3+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, online testing methodology and digital optimization strategies.
- 3+ years experience working with content & creative teams including design, web production, and copywriting teams.
- 2+ years marketing experience in the digital space.
- Experience with web-based analytical tools such as: Test and Target, Adobe Recommendations, Omniture Site Catalyst, Business Objects or similar.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of key merchandising, marketing business principles specific to web-based merchandising and the ability to apply these principles to achieve planned goals.
- Ability to disseminate and present results and recommendations for varied audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all areas of REI and influence others in a collaborative work environment.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer