Program Manager, Marketing and Traffic
Posted Date: Sep- 8-2017
Job ID: 8207
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Marketing and Traffic Program Manager enables brand-right ecommerce by managing traffic driving programs (email, paid marketing, homepage) from a digital perspective. They establish relationships with Marketing traffic-driving programs (Email, Paid Marketing) to ensure they are supporting digital’s traffic needs and influence spend. They also execute Always On and Vendor Collaboration Marketing programs and consult on Marketing campaigns as needed.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Here's what you'll do:
- Coordinate email proofing process between Email Team and Digital Merchandisers. Ensure all email links are created, proofed, uploaded and communicated on schedule. Ensure proofs are shared with appropriate Digital Merchandisers for input throughout the email process.
- Proactively advocate for email support for Digital Stories. Includes pre-planned and quarterly additions, securing of additional placements in non-product emails
- Identify and coordinate email proofing process improvements for maximum efficiency
- Manage the homepage strategy, calendar, reporting, and execution
- Partner with digital merchandising team regarding placements, and production and creative teams on execution
- Manage digital support plan and execution of Marketing product programs (Always On, Vendor Collaboration)
- Consult with Digital product and design teams as needed on Marketing campaigns
- Identify and implement traffic support plans for Digital through strong partnership with Marketing partners
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of digital marketing, email, or paid marketing experience within an eCommerce retailer
- Knowledge of key merchandising, marketing business principles specific to Digital Retail, email and paid traffic drivers
- Experience with web-based analytical tools for email and paid traffic drivers
- Experience using search and digital merchandising tools to execute site merchandising plans and strategies
- Experience with planning and executing Marketing programs in a digital environment
- Experience with Excel, SharePoint, adoption of internal tools
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
Why you'll love it here
Joining Digital Retail at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, passion for writing, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer