Senior Information Security Engineer - Incident Response
Posted Date: Aug- 8-2017
Job ID: 8522
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Legal
What's cool about this job
Do you have experience leading a Cyber Incident Response program? Do you also enjoy working in a fast paced retail environment driven by the most advanced security and business delivery technologies? If you said yes to each of the questions above, then we have an opportunity for you on our Enterprise Information Security team.
As the Senior Information Security Engineer – Incident Response, your primary responsibilities would include leading incident response activities, helping craft and maintain operating procedures, creating and developing incident response metrics, and being the primary interface to our service partners. As a leader in incident response, you will also be asked to help co-develop the strategic direction of the programs. You will also have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that have large impacts on our employees, critical technologies and Co-op sustainability.
- Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Demonstrative knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware, software, operating systems and networks.
- Knowledge of common attack methodologies; common types of security vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with SIEM solutions (Splunk preferred).
- Serve as an incident responder of REI’s cyber defense; identifying and responding to security threats.
- Responsible for planning and directing the enterprise incident response operations.
- Leverage knowledge of computer and network architecture to provide analysis during investigations identifying adversarial activity and methods for future detection and prevention.
- Participate in cyber defense exercise development, planning and participation.
- Conduct research and present options for improving enterprise cyberspace operations and systems development.
- Compose and present reports on findings to leadership for intrusion incidents.
- Serve as the primary interface to an outsourced security monitoring service.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or engineering, or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing host or network incident response.
- Experience with systems administration, network engineering, and security engineering.
- Knowledge of host and network log sources that apply to investigation, IR methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Ability to perform analysis with strict attention to detail and display solution orientation to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to lead and serve a team to complete the mission and work well under pressure to rapidly scope and investigate incidents.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and analysis tools and operating systems, software, and security controls.
- Ability to perform independent research and report on findings.
- Ability to apply originality and creativity to problem-solving.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively under normal and stressful situations
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior staff in an open and positive manner
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of information and formulate action plans based on that analysis.
Why you'll love it here
REI’s Information Security Program is one of the most highly sought teams to join at REI. We are a highly collaborative group that leverages advanced technologies to do their jobs. And, we have the support and confidence of REI’s leadership team to take on and mitigate cyber security threats. If you have a passion for outdoors, and want to be part of a dynamic and innovating cyber security program, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer