Senior Manager, Asset Protection Operations
Posted Date: Sep- 7-2017
Job ID: 8760
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Asset Protection
What's cool about this job
Senior Manager, Asset Protection Operations responsibilities include developing and implementing Asset Protection strategies and theft prevention, directing investigations and security programs across headquarters, ecommerce and retail REI locations. Additionally, this role oversees all support functions for the broader AP team across the co-op. The Sr. Manager collaborates with leaders in every division to be a valuable partner in driving operational execution, continuous improvement, inventory accuracy, shrink reduction, education and consultation of asset protection best practices. Ensures that asset protection initiatives and strategies link with and contribute to the achievement of the co-op’s business objectives. The Senior Manager is expected to manage and build a strong, efficient, diverse, and prompt customer service based team. Aligns team to act as business partners to understand business goals, issues and needs and proactively identify and resolve opportunities impacting location(s) and companywide results. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Develops constructive and effective relationships with direct reports and cross-functional partners; able to maintain credibility and presence within the broader business. Establishes and maintains visibility within the department for cross divisional partners.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions. Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results. Ensures asset protection operations team has clear guidelines.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve and sustain business results. Promotes an atmosphere of accountability and continuous improvement of KPI’s.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Facilitates empowerment and growth of direct reports
- Monitors operational statistics, report trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Ten years of progressive retail asset protection experience or related retail experience with at least five years in a leadership role with responsibility for strategy development.
- Retail experience
- Understanding on Profit and Loss statements, Margin, Shrink and Inventory Accounting.
- Budget management experience
- Significant experience with and knowledge of loss prevention and asset protection operational procedures.
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulations
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer