Senior Security Systems Engineer
Posted Date: Sep-27-2017
Job ID: 8866
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Security Systems Engineer you’ll be part of a highly pivotal team of security professionals ensuring the growth and security of the Co-op remain paramount.
You’ll participate in Blue team exercises that will help flush out gaps and weakness in our security capabilities. You’ll build out simulated security capture the flag models that will be foundational in hacking and chasing analytics. You’ll successfully bread crumb and thwart the Red Team with the outcome being a detailed analysis of strengths and weakness of our security defenses and beach response readiness. This is an exciting and innovative role. Bring your deep security experience, your passion to hunt the bad actor and your enthusiasm to promote business productivity and join us!
- Creating Blue-Red Team table top exercises
- Train, educate and remain current with industry best practices while driving awareness into the business.
- Create a feedback loop bringing learnings from exercises and gap analysis to the team to build a better architecture and security model
- Developing metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for those activities.
- Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture.
- Work in active partnership with the REI organization, security and business teams and other cross company stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements and develop supporting security principles and objectives that will enable alignment and growth.
- Work in active partnership with development teams during operational security reviews providing leadership and security design guidance.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity
- 7+ years’ experience in design and rollout of Blue-Red team table top exercises in an Enterprise distributed computing environment
- 6+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs
- Able to form working relationships and drive alignment with diverse stakeholders.
- Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects
- 8+ years’ experience in design, and architecting an Active Directory paradigm and ecosystem, including supporting tools
- Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
- Preferred to have certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: CISSP, networking, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, information security.
- Familiarity with MOF or ITIL preferred.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer