Visual Retail Manager - SoHo Flagship Store
Posted Date: Feb-14-2017
Job ID: 6662
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Management
City: New York
State: New York
What's cool about this job
The Retail Visual Manager (RVM) is a key member of the retail store leadership team. The RVM leads a team of retail visual staff to achieve high levels of employee engagement, and execution of customer experience to drive business results of sales, membership, and service goals of all the specialty shops within the store. The RVM supports REI through execution of floor sets, support of promotional events, visual adaptations and execution of special brand/shop concepts and prototypes.
The RVM will assist the General Manager with the hiring, training, coaching and development of a team of hourly non-management retail visual staff, as well as teaching fellow managers on Visual Merchandising.
- Partners with Store Manager to build accountability for driving business objectives of employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and brand appropriate story telling through strong ownership of visual execution, training and maintaining visual standards.
- Skillful in project management, spatial productivity, product flow, brand styling and adaptations of company direction to stores assigned assortments & space to meet the needs of both employee and customer experience.
- Lead a team of retail visual staff and managers through dynamic and regular feedback on Visual Merchandising. The majority of your time spent on the sales floor leading, training and executing on visual expectations, with some planning and coordination time.
- Build a change agile service focused team that is comfortable with constant evolution.
- Train store management, visual team and sales staff on product story telling, merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization and physical expression of the REI brand within the store.
- Lead and inspires the execution of the customer experience by recognizing and rewarding the store team.
- Directs, plans and coordinates visual merchandising trainings, floor moves, seasonal mapping and execution of our core standards and overall visual direction to maximize sales.
- Collaborates with management team and reviews store reports to determine key business drivers and departments and direct department & product placement to maximize store sales.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and proactively to ensure you have the right skill set among the staff, and provide clear direction and expectations through utilizing the performance management “just in time” feedback.
- Proactively spot talent and recruit diverse leaders from both inside and outside the organization.
- Actively coach, train and develop future talent.
- Overnight Travel outside of assigned store will be required 1-3 times annually.
Bring your passion and expertise
Are you a bold leader? Do you thrive in the outdoors? Are you ready to lead and coach dedicated sales teams to reach organizational goals? Bring your leadership skills to REI and help us strengthen our co-op by promoting the REI culture within the co-op and evangelizing our brand to our external customers. We pride ourselves on living our values and we look to our store leadership teams to deliver on that promise. Ready for your next adventure? Take a look at the skills we look for in our Retail Visual Managers:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of visual merchandising experience in a ‘large store’ retail environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful retail management experience.
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders.
- Ability to read & manually edit architectural plans
- Proven ability to understand and drive store profitability through employee engagement and customer experience.
- Proficiency in interpreting and utilizing key retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Creative background with the ability to merchandise, create three-dimensional visual displays and make merchandising adaptations when appropriate.
- Commitment to outstanding customer experience.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and leading from the front.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, risk-taking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer